Ready to send back empty bottles or jars?
Here’s the fantastic news: you can return your empty bottles and jars to us for free, using carbon neutral delivery! They then get sanitised and re-used as part of our closed loop sustainable system.
The returns system is slightly different if you have a printer at hand, so click the relevant button below for next steps.
- Let us know when you’re ready to return at least 4 empties via email by clicking the relevant button above (the first option requires the label to be printed the same day)
- We’ll send you a postage label via email or post
- Put your empties and aluminium lids in the box and padding they arrived in, or another box with paper padding (keep your pumps)
- Return to us!
Why return rather than recycle?
Our aim is to reduce plastic waste as much as possible, by providing a circular solution which ensures less goes through Australia’s waste and recycling systems in the first place.
The recycling system has many issues. As you may know, only around 8% of plastic actually makes it to be recycled. The whole recycling process isn’t perfect for any material; contaminated materials can interfere, trash can fall out or end up in our environment, and it takes time and energy to reform materials into new products.
Azur glass and aluminium bottles can be readily recycled. If you choose you can of course either reuse your empties for another purpose, or pop them in your recycling bin.
What to send back to us
The only thing you keep are your pumps (dispensers) – all our other packaging can be sent back to be reused.
- Empty Azur Bottles of any size – glass or aluminium – with labels on
- Aluminium lids from Azur refills (if you have them)
- Azur glass or aluminium jars with lids – we sanitise and reuse both
Why keep the pumps?
We want to keep as little plastic in circulation as possible. The pumps and some jar lids are the only element of our packaging with some plastic components as well as metal. By keeping the pumps and returning empties it’s a closed loop, zero waste system. If needed you can clean your pumps with a toothbrush in warm soapy water.
How the circular process works in pictures!
The circular refill process is explained step by step below.
Ask your favourite store to stock us!
We’re working on getting refilling machines into Australian shops. If you can’t buy or refill your product in your favourite local shop, ask them to start stocking Azur products because you want to avoid single-use plastic and support sustainable business.